The Monocle Companion has 50 inspiring essays to improve everything from your vacation to your vocation, our first-ever paperback is packed with long-reads, inspiration and cheery ideas to make you happy.
The brief history of time and why applications that claim to track it can be a waste of yours.
- Why freedom of speech sometimes means raising your voice against the silliness.
- What Nordic co-operation can teach an increasingly fractious world about the importance of good neighbours.
- Why a high-flying pilot prefers the passenger seat and how to travel a little more thoughtfully.
- Why it’s OK to change your mind sometimes and why people should.
- Why finding joy in simple things is one of the hardest but most worthwhile skills to master.
- Why water makes a city, the importance of hobbies and what the ancients can teach urbanists.
- What your ‘Badi’ says about you and why cold water swimming is for masochists.
- How to live with a fascist past, why there’s little wrong with cultural appropriation and the pleasures and pitfalls of eating outdoors.
- How learning a craft can shape the creator, why to doodle and the surprising wisdom behind stargazing.